5 Beautiful Poisonous Flowers To Watch Out

There are some beautiful flowers that are poisonous. These flowers are beautiful, bright, and have a pleasant fragrance.

You will find these flowers naturally in the surrounding. But, as these plants are commonly grown it doesn’t mean they are not poisonous or harmful.

In this post, I have listed some beautiful poisonous flowers that are often seen but may cause problems if not taken caution.

Growing these plants is not dangerous if you take caution. However one should know the beautiful attractive blooms around them may harm their kids and pets, if not handled rightly. 

The listed plant causes ranging from itching to death, if ingested. Recommend avoid planting these flowers if you have small kids or pets in the house.

Some Beautiful Poisonous Flowers

Chrysanthemum

Red-Mum-beautiful poionous flowers

source: Chris

Chrysanthemum, also known as the mum plant, has hundreds of varieties and cultivars differentiated on the basis of their shape, size, and colors. Fall is incomplete without them, most of the mums are not dangerous.

However, the mums you see in neighbor’s gardens can cause skin irritation for some people. If you have no problem while handling them, either you use protection like gardening gloves and take caution or you’re not susceptible.

But, it’s good to have knowledge that these beautiful poisonous flowers can cause trouble.

  • Toxic parts: leaves, flowers
  • Symptoms: skin reddening, scaling, blisters

Related Post: Chrysanthemum: How To Plant, Grow and Care For Mum Plants

Hydrangea

hydrangea

source: Syoko Matsumura

It looks like every garden has at least one hydrangea growing, no doubt they are the most popular garden shrubs. They are safe unless you have kids or pets that like to put flowers in the mouth.

But it considers in one of the beautiful poisonous flowers. Hydrangea reported signs of stomach upset, skin irritation and in more rare cases cause serious problems like convulsions and coma when ingested by humans.

Unfortunately ,they do not affect rabbits, so they like to munch on them in the winter season. :|c

  • Toxic parts: leaves, flowers, bark
  • Symptoms: stomach pain, sweating, and vomiting

Related Post: 5 Tips To Grow And Care For Beautiful Hydrangea Flowers

Rhododendron and Azalea

Rhododendron

source: Ronnie

Many houses are encircled with these beautiful flowering plants. You might think these plants are not toxic, the way deer devour them. The deer might love them but for humans, Rhododendron and Azalea are very dangerous and cause critical health issues if ingested. If you see anyone ingested there any part accidentally then immediately seek medical help.

  • Toxic parts: All parts
  • Symptoms: watery eyes and nose, burning in the mouth, salivation, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, difficult breathing, abdominal pain, weakness, and progressive paralysis in legs and hands. Ingestion rhododendron can affect your heartbeat and cause convulsions and coma.

Related Post: How To Grow And Care For Rhododendron and Azalea (Carefully)

Chinese Lantern plant

Chinese Lanterns

source: Tjflex2

Chinese lantern plants are grown for the colorful, fun seed pods and papery sheathe that slowly expose them. The seed pods usually dry well and are used as popular flower arrangements. The ripped berries are used to make jams and jellies but don’t use them unless you know what you’re doing. Unripe berries can be highly toxic and possibly fatal.

  • Toxic parts: Unripe berries, leaves
  • Symptoms: stomach pain, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, low temperature, breathing problems, and numbness, dilated pupils.

Lantana

Lantana-brautiful poisonous flowers

source: Cosmos and Chaos

You might have grown lantana plants as perennial if living in a warm climate or as an annual plant in a cold climate. As a skin irritant, you might have noticed that they might bother for some time. But their berries are highly toxic and possibly fatal if ingested. Watch out if you have small kids or pets in the house.

  • Poisonous parts: green-unripe berries, leaves (skin irritation)
  • Symptoms: Trouble breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, dilated pupils.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •